Dr. Jasmine Kim, DC,FIAMA
Dr.Kim continuously excels beyond the ‘routine’ in chiropractic care, from education credentials and certifications through her experience across many diverse healthcare settings. She continues the journey to raise the bar of knowledge to her field.
She is a healer who understands the complexities of the human body, how it functions and how it responds to various techniques. Her focus is on the specific needs of her patients, their individual concerns, past health care experiences and their spirits. After a careful interview of patients, examination and analysis of their conditions, Dr. Kim maps out how to proceed with their care or refer them to a different type of medical care.
Here are the many ways Dr. Kim has learned how to help people, from infants to the elderly…
Experience across Diverse Fields
What sets Dr. Kim apart?
- She has strong multidisciplinary experience. She worked alongside medical doctors and other healthcare professionals in medical, chiropractic, rehabilitation, physical therapy and chronic pain clinics and offices.
- She has been a chiropractic physician since 1995.
- She has both knowledge and first hand experience in injury prevention, occurrence and healing.
- She understands the competitive drive of athletes. She has known that spirit as a former National Tae Kwon Do Champion who trained and competed with Olympic level trainers and coaches.
- She has experience treating athletes in both high and low impact sports, including pro, semi-pro, and amateur athletes in basketball, golf, baseball, cheerleading, gymnastics, dance, and football.
- Dr. Kim was selected to be an examiner on an elite team of doctors for the Part IV portion by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
- She completed her Fellowship of Medical Acupuncture (FIAMA) in 2008 from the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture.
- Dr. Kim has substantial experience treating auto accident injury patients. She understands the best ways to manage back pain and whiplash pain after a car accident. She will communicate with your attorney and keep them updated with progress and treatment
- As a chiropractor for 22 years, she has adjusted many pregnant women and their children. With two children of her own, she understands the discomforts and changing physiology of pregnancy. She has specialized tables that allow the mother to comfortably lie face down without putting pressure on the baby.
“ I understand athletic ambition and the importance of optimal performance and quick recovery from injuries.” -Jasmine Kim
At the core of many years of study and practice is a B.S. in Human Biology and a Doctorate of Chiropractic from Northwestern Health Sciences University, Bloomington MN.
“The wisdom acquired in practice is as important as the education you earn in college.” -Jasmine Kim
Certifications that Matter
As in other areas of her practice, Dr. Kim has gone the extra mile to achieve and maintain certifications.
U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Certified in Bio-Ergonomics and Work Related Injuries
U.S. Department of Transportation
Certified medical examiner trained by the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
International Academy of Medical Acupuncture
Fellow, with specialty certifications:
- Acupuncture Orthopedics
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Facial Rejuvenation
- Micro-current therapy for Facial Rejuvenation
Nimmo Manual Therapy Certification Trigger Point Therapy
A systemic manual therapy that includes the ischemic compression to remove myofascial trigger points (muscle knots) and soft tissue adhesions.
Acclaim for Dr. Kim’s healing skills comes not just from central Iowa residents and athletes. It comes from musical and performance stages across the country. She frequently serves as chiropractor and acupuncturist to “the Stars” and their crews.
“I help people stop hurting and start healing. I approach patients on an individual basis, based on a broad background with over 20 years of education, training, and experience with a wide variety of healing techniques.” -Jasmine Kim